A little introduction

Nothing I say will make a whole lot of sense. None of it will fit together. A lot of it will be from the countless stories I have created in my head. All of it will be from my heart. Please, read and enjoy. Comment with ways to fix my work. Don't water down how you really feel. Be harsh. I want to be as good as I can be. Help me achieve my goal.

02 June, 2011

A1*18

“Ha-ha. Steak sauce 18.”
I remember the first time
I said that to you.
The van rumbled down the road.
Tavis bragged about the band.
Momo and I made fun of you both.
You shook your head and made
That adorable angry face.
“A1. Not steak sauce,”
You replied. I laughed.
Ever since then, I’ve
Teased you about everything.
I know it embarrasses you.
But I love the pink flush
That spreads beneath your freckles.
I adore the angry twinkle
In your hazel eyes.
It’s the one that lets me know
You instantly forgive me.
I will tease you for the rest of our lives
About being “ambidextrous”
And being able to stretch really far.
I’ll tease you for the way you squeak
When you laugh really hard
And I know you’ll let me.
That’s what friends are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment