A little introduction

Nothing I say will make a whole lot of sense. None of it will fit together. A lot of it will be from the countless stories I have created in my head. All of it will be from my heart. Please, read and enjoy. Comment with ways to fix my work. Don't water down how you really feel. Be harsh. I want to be as good as I can be. Help me achieve my goal.

16 January, 2012

Where I'm From

Where I’m From…
I am from change.
From the city smog,
From the scorching desert,
From the mountainous air.

I am from the loud.
I am from the quiet.
From the painful fights,
From forgiving when I can
Forgetting when I can’t.

I’m from finding love
In the strangest of ways.
From meeting the strangest of people.
From being shaped and molded
Into the person I am today.

I am from the best of friends.
From the moments and memories
In Chelsea’s car at lunch.
From dancing to Space Jam,
From laughing uncontrollably,
From sugar and Mountain Dew.

I’m from the loving moments
From the not-so-loving moments.

I am from seeing the pain in drugs
From the anger in alcohol.
I’m from fighting my way through,
From staying strong when
All I want to do is cry.

I’m from the trailer.
From the apartment
From the house.
I’m from not enough money
And hand-me-down toys.

I’m from drowning in music.
From the Beatles and Eminem.
From Nelson and Goldfinger.
I’m from diversity.

All in all
I’m from keeping an open mind.
From learning all I can.
I’m from making the very best of life
In this crazy mixed up world.

No comments:

Post a Comment