A little introduction

Nothing I say will make a whole lot of sense. None of it will fit together. A lot of it will be from the countless stories I have created in my head. All of it will be from my heart. Please, read and enjoy. Comment with ways to fix my work. Don't water down how you really feel. Be harsh. I want to be as good as I can be. Help me achieve my goal.

07 January, 2012

April Storm

April Storm
Creatures scatter and run,
Taking shelter in their quiet homes.
They prepare for the April Storm.
They prepare for the show.

Rain falls like tears of angels,
Washing the world clean of pain.
The thunder clashes like a giant bass drum,
Giving a steady beat to life.

Lightning streaks across the sky,
A fireworks show for the critters below.
The wind “oohs” and “ahs,” trees
Start into a round of applause.

And then the main attraction
Comes to play.

The symphony of spring
Starts with a crash. Flowers bow
To the band, shrubs whisper their praise.

The wind whistles, the trees sway
To the rhythm. The drum beats louder
And faster. The fireworks gain
Momentum. Then, the grand finale.

Lightning strikes, sparks fly.
The earth trembles, and the rains recede.
The applause grows… and dies.
Creatures return from their homes,
Taking in the fresh musky scent.

Life has been cleansed once more
By the mighty April Storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment