A little introduction

Nothing I say will make a whole lot of sense. None of it will fit together. A lot of it will be from the countless stories I have created in my head. All of it will be from my heart. Please, read and enjoy. Comment with ways to fix my work. Don't water down how you really feel. Be harsh. I want to be as good as I can be. Help me achieve my goal.

13 November, 2012

Ouch....

Well that hurt more than I thought it would. You strode to the front of the stage with your sax in your hand. I tried desperately to look everywhere, anywhere else. You smiled and played beautifully. I couldn't help it. I watched the whole time. The familier lean and you hit the stronger notes. The way the crowd could tell you knew what you were doing... It was more than I could bear.
Even after the show I could tell when you were near. You didn't acknowledge me though. You probably didn't know I was there. Your sister didn't look at me either. And your mom, who normally would go out of her way to talk to me, avoided my pleading gaze.
There's too much strife. I can't stand to be around you or see you or hear of you when there is so much unsaid. Seeing you happy and content hurt more than I though it would. There is nothing I can do at this point. Trying to talk to you would be useless. I deleted you from my phone and my facebook but you'll always be in my heart and my memories.
I'm sorry, Dan. You were a good friend but you ran away when challenged. You weren't as strong as I thought you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment